Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Buttermilk Cookies

Sometimes a food-related idea pops into my head and I just have to make it. That was the case with these cookies - I've never made or even eaten a buttermilk cookie before but once the concept of a buttermilk cookie with a fudge/caramel frosting was in my head, I really wanted to try it. I think it's safe to say that they were a success! The cookies themselves were fluffy and well-risen and the icing was really delicious - it had that faintly grainy, caramel taste of proper homemade fudge. 

The cookies weren't that sweet so a very sweet icing wasn't overpowering - I think they would be a just as tasty topped with other flavours like chocolate or lemon.
This recipe was the one I used for the cookies themselves, and I sort of made up the icing as I went along. (although what I did looked pretty similar to the icing method given the in cookie recipe) I found that this recipe made more cookies than it said, I got about 45 out of the mixture. 

1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious - I've never used buttermilk in cookies but I can imagine it gives a really nice fluffy texture. The caramel icing sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.